Friday, November 1, 2013

Dagwood, the haute version


Last night's Dagwood turned deluxe:

First, I used a miche that Vince brought back from Citarella (he got lost in the West Village the other day - it happens), instead of the standard, softish 'long white loaf.' On the lower layer I still slummed it with a stuffing of sharp cheddar, a good smearing of smooth Dijon mustard and - gasp! - mayonnaise...

But in the top layer I mixed up dandelion greens, good organic and very crisp bacon (I roast it in the oven at 450' - easy, and it stays nice and flat) and little vinegar and olive oil. Basically a wilted salade Lyonnaise. Lots of black pepper. Then wrapped it up and fired away in a hot 500'F oven till I judged the cheese to be gooey, about 10 minutes.

It was g-o-o-o-o-od!

2 comments:

Comments will appear after moderation. If you need to get in touch DM me on Instagram @marie_viljoen