Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chicken and lime soup

13 of July 2008

For a summer cold:

Drink Plenty of Liquids!

So I have been.

Friday night, and I knew I had the Lurgi, so while my chicken, lime and chile soup was simmering, I fixed myself a suitable drink: tequila, 1 part; lime juice, 3 parts, ginger ale, 3 parts; with sliced fresh ginger and lime. Chew on the ginger and swallow when done.

The soup was:

6 chicken wings
2 finely chopped yellow onions
1 head of garlic, cloves crushed and sliced
1 carrot, thinly sliced
2 ancho chiles, soaked and cut up
Water to cover
1 bunch of parsley, tied up
3 sprigs thyme
1/2 cilantro
Juice of two limes
salt and liberal pepper

Saute onions and garlic in a little olive oil, add carrots, stir to coat with oil, cook about 5minutes on medium-low. Add wings, water, chiles and herbs. Cook for an hour to an hour-and-a-half, till chicken is tender; add lime juice and cilantro. Taste and add seasoning. Cook another fifteen minutes till meat falls from bones. Take wings out, remove bones, put meat back in soup. Also take out bunch of parsley. Pour soup into a bowl...

I add sliced avocado as a garnish. Nice Vitamin A, C, E and...K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after moderation. If you need to get in touch DM me on Instagram @marie_viljoen