Friday, May 21, 2010

Watermelon and feta salad

19 June 2008

For a summer evening: and this should not wait around. Though the juice that accumulates is pretty delicious...

Equal parts, chunks of: watermelon, cucumber, feta
Optional: red onion, sliced thinly, radish, basil

A light dressing of red wine vinegar, into which a dash of salt and sugar are dissolved, black pepper, the teeniest slosh of EV olive oil, though I prefer none, in this case.

Soapbox: a lot depends on the feta. I went through every feta I could find in South Africa, becoming more rancorous with each rejected bite. They were chalky, dry, blegh.

I want feta to be firm, but creamy; crumbly, but creamy; salty, but creamy...Sahadi's French feta has spoiled me for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after moderation. If you need to get in touch DM me on Instagram @marie_viljoen